Skip to main content

Sewer Applications and Permits

A sewer permit is required to connect a new project to the District’s wastewater system, and proof of sewer service will be required by the Agency issuing the building permit.  Sewer permits are issued over the counter for single-family dwellings and duplexes on conforming sized parcels. Before starting the standard sewer permitting process, please contact the District Office to verify if there is a sewer mainline facility adjacent to the parcel you plan to develop. 

Sewer Permit Information - Single Family DwellingSewer Permit Information - Accessory Dwelling UnitSewer Permit Information - Mixed-Commercial UseSewer Permit Application  (SFD, ADU & Mixed Use)

Applications for a Sewer Permit may be submitted via email, postal mail or in-person at the District Office.  We recommend calling the office for more information at (650) 726-7093.

If your parcel is substandard in size or includes a non-buildout dwelling unit, you must apply for a Sewer Permit Variance before applying for a standard sewer permit. If you are unclear on whether your parcel requires a Variance, please contact the District Office to obtain additional information. 

Variance Information

If there is no sewer mainline to serve your parcel, you will need to apply for and obtain a Class 3 Mainline Extension Permit to build a sewer extension before obtaining a standard permit.

Class 3 Mainline Extension Information


Join our mailing list