The inaugural 2016 – 2017 PAC leveraged these findings for early generation of ideas for GCSD Parks and Recreation. The PAC members included Patrick Tierney (Chair), Paul Koelsch (Vice Chair), Dale Ross, Owen Moore, Jeanette Ward, Barbara Dye and Brian Overfelt. They made good progress until being stalled in 2017 during the development of the GCSD/SMC Medians Use Agreement mentioned above. Accomplishments included:
- Mapped the 24 El Granada Medians, existing parks, and GCSD-owned vacant parcels.
- Selected Balboa Circle and Ave Portola at Ave Alhambra as first areas of focus for potential median improvements. Developed and gained initial community input on small neighborhood playground ideas for Balboa Circle.
- Partnered with SMC Parks to develop ideas for the El Granada medians which were considered in the SMC Median Use Agreement negotiation.
- Explored potential to buy or lease Cabrillo Unified School District properties in El Granada for recreational use.
- Investigated potential locations for a bicycle pump track.