2015 PAC Research and Community Parks & Recreation Needs Survey
Note: the numbers have been revised from the original copy in response to community input
In 2015, GCSD completed a “Community Interest and Opinion Survey for Local Parks and Recreation Facility Priorities.” This survey was mailed to residences in the district and made available online. A total of 609 responses were received. Key findings include:
- The GCSD Community said Yes (53%) or Maybe (19%) that local parks need improvement
- The GCSD Community indicated Yes (58%) or Maybe (18%), the median strips in El Granada should be improved; El Granada respondents said Yes (63%) or Maybe (18%) the median strips should be improved.
- The GCSD Community indicated a moderate (35%) to substantial (27%) need for Small Neighborhood Parks, including 78% of households with children
- 65% of the GCSD Community said Yes they would participate in more recreational activities if they were available locally.
- The GCSD Community indicated it is moderately (39%) or very (27%) important to have a Community Center.